These Homemade Vanilla Pudding Cups are such a cute and fun dessert. Better yet, they're easy to make and filled with wonderful vanilla flavor!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan add the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- While whisking, slowly add the half-and-half until till combined.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Over medium-high heat bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly but gently. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the pudding thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla, stir to combine. Pour the hot pudding into six 1-cup wide-mouth mason jars, filling the jars an inch from the top. Add a flat lid and then screw on the ring to close the jars.
- Refrigerate until the pudding is set, about 3 hours.
- Eat the pudding right out of the mason jars. Add sprinkles before eating for extra smiles.
- You can swap the half and half for 3 cups of whole milk.
- You don't have to add this to individual jars, it's just fun. You can place the pudding in a large bowl to serve instead of 6 individual containers.
- You can use salted butter, just omit the salt in the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 220mg
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1g
- Protein: Protein
- Cholesterol: 104.9mg
Keywords: pudding recipe, vanilla pudding recipe, homemade pudding, homemade vanilla pudding, how to make pudding, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe few ingredients, easy homemade dessert