These Homemade Vanilla Pudding Cups are such a cute and fun dessert. Better yet, they’re easy to make and filled with wonderful vanilla flavor!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan add the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly add the half-and-half until till combined. Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Over medium-high heat bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly but gently. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the pudding thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla, stir to combine. Pour the hot pudding into six 1-cup wide-mouth mason jars, filling the jars an inch from the top. Add a flat lid and then screw on the ring to close the jars. Refrigerate until the pudding is set, about 3 hours. Eat the pudding right out of the mason jars. Add sprinkles before eating for extra smiles.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pudding recipe, vanilla pudding recipe, homemade pudding, homemade vanilla pudding, how to make pudding, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe few ingredients, easy homemade dessert