Pistachio Jello Salad
on Jul 18, 2023, Updated Sep 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pistachio Jello Salad is a delightful treat that combines the creaminess of cool whip, the nutty goodness of pistachio pudding, and a tangy twist of crushed pineapple. Top it all off with some chopped pistachios and maybe even some maraschino cherries for an extra touch of sweetness. Trust me, this dessert is a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Whether you’re bringing this dessert to a potluck, enjoying it with family and friends, or indulging in a sweet treat all to yourself, Pistachio Jello Salad is guaranteed to be a hit. So, gather your ingredients, get mixing, and prepare yourself for a taste sensation that will leave you craving seconds (or thirds, we won’t judge!).
Pistachio Jello Salad
One of the reasons people love pudding is its smooth and creamy texture, and pistachio pudding is no exception. With its velvety consistency, it feels like a heavenly indulgence on the palate. The pudding melts in your mouth, leaving you with a luxurious and satisfying experience.
I also love the vibrant green hue of pistachio pudding. It adds a fun and playful element to any dessert spread. It is also a really simple dessert to make and everyone loves it!
- Pistachio pudding
- Crushed pineapple
- Cool whip
- Maraschino cherries
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and crushed pineapples until the pudding mix is completely dissolved. Once the pudding mix and pineapple are homogenous, fold in the cool whip and chopped pistachios.
- Allow the pudding mixture to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes, covered with plastic wrap. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
While crushed pineapple is typically used in this recipe, you can certainly use fresh pineapple if you prefer. Just make sure to finely chop or crush the fresh pineapple to achieve a similar texture.
Yes, you can substitute cool whip with whipped cream. Keep in mind that the texture and sweetness may vary slightly, but it will still work well in the recipe.
The Pistachio Jello Salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Just make sure to keep it covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
If you don’t have pistachio pudding or have a nut allergy, you can try using a different flavor of pudding mix as a substitute. Vanilla pudding mix can be a good alternative that will still provide a creamy and sweet base for the salad.
- 4 ingredient Pistachio Salad
- Homemade Vanilla Pudding Cups
- Homemade Double Chocolate Pudding
- Laura’s Corn Pudding Recipe
If you’ve tried this Pistachio Jello Salad recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Pistachio Jello Salad
- 3.4 ounce packet pistachio pudding
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple,, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 ounce container cool whip,, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Maraschino cherries,, optional
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and crushed pineapples until the pudding mix is completely dissolved.
- Once the pudding mix and pineapple is homogenous, fold in the marshmallows, cool whip, and chopped pistachios.
- Allow the pudding mixture to chill in the fridge for 10 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
- Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Serve and enjoy!
- For more pistachio flavor, you can use 1 ½ packets of pistachio pudding mix. This will also give you a slightly greener pudding.
- It is important to make sure that your cool whip is thawed before folding it into the “salad”. If it is still frozen, it will remain clumpy and will not incorporate very well.
- You can store your leftover salad in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to 4 days.
- Make sure you drain the pineapple as much as possible. If the fruit is not drained, it will add too much liquid to the salad, leaving you with a runny end product that is hard to serve.
I’m excited for you to try this creamy, nutty, and fruity goodness that makes Pistachio Jello Salad a favorite.