These Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats are a rich take on the classic sweet snacks that peanut butter-chocolate lovers will just adore!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
You probably thought it doesn't get much better than classic rice crispy treats, right? Those are pretty delicious, I have to admit. I even shared this post not too long ago about how to make the traditional sweet treats just perfect. But, I must say, this peanut butter and chocolate version is in a league of its own! There's just something magical about desserts that are equal parts gooey yet crunchy. Add to that the delectable combo of chocolate and PB, and I'm swooning. How about you?
You have to give this batch of incredible Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats a try next time you're in charge of dessert at a get-together or need an easy sweet fix for a last-minute celebration. One of the best part about these tasty bars? They only take FOUR ingredients to make! That's right. You'll look like a pro baker, and you'll be the hit of any gathering with the least effort possible. That's what I call a major win.
How long are rice crispy treats good for?
These babies will last for up to 5 days covered and unrefrigerated. Although, I can't promise they'll stick around that long if little hands get to them first!
Why do my rice crispy treats get hard?
With traditional rice crispy treats, as well as this version, it's important to not overcook the sticky mixture used to bind the cereal. This rendition doesn't take marshmallows like the original version, but you still want to avoid cooking the brown sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. You'll only need to let the brown sugar and corn syrup boil for one minute, stirring often, before removing it from heat and adding the peanut butter. So, just make sure to pay close attention during this part!
How do you make Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats?
- Grease a nine-inch pan before heating your corn syrup and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and let it boil for one minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and stir in the peanut butter until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over a medium bowl full of the chocolate rice crispy cereal, and thoroughly mix everything together.
- Finally, pour the mixed ingredients into your prepared pan, and gently spread it out evenly! If you want, you can use a third-cup of honey instead of a half-cup of corn syrup.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats are a rich take on the classic sweet snacks that peanut butter-chocolate lovers will just adore!
- 4 cups chocolate rice crispy cereal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, add the cereal.
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan by greasing it well with butter.
- In a medium saucepan, add the brown sugar and corn syrup, and stir to combine.
- Place the pan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring very often, and let it boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. When the mixture is fully combined, pour it over the cereal. Stir to combine very well, making sure no dry pockets of cereal remain.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and use a spatula the spread out the mixture. Don't pack it down -- just spread it out.
- Let the cereal bars cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can sub the corn syrup for ⅓ cup honey, if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cereal bar, rice crispy treats, rice crispy recipe, rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats recipe, how to make rice krispie treats
For more yummy no-bake dessert recipes, check out:
- How to Make Classic Rice Crispy Treats
- No-Bake Scotcheroos
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 8 No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- Easy Healthy No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate-Covered Fluffernutter Cookies
- Healthy Coconut No-Bake Cookies
- Blueberry Muffin Date Balls (healthy, no-bake treat)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Muesli Bites