Cheesecake Brownies are a rich, chocolate filled brownie topped with a creamy cheesecake layer to create a dessert combination that is simply divine.
Have you ever heard of anything better than a brownie mixed with cheesecake?! This dessert will knock you off your feet. It is simple to whip up and uses ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen right now.
Brownie cheesecake bars are a showstopper. They look fancy but are so easy to make. These bars always receive rave reviews whenever I make them. Brownie cheesecake bars are sturdy enough to be cut into shapes making them perfect for sharing with friends.
This recipe uses dark cocoa powder, such as Hersey’s Special Dark. It is amazingly chocolaty without being bitter. It’s a great thing to have on hand and I now use it in 90% of recipes that call for cocoa.
Can the brownies be stored in the freezer?
Of course! The frozen bars can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. The cheesecake layer can feel slightly more sticky after it comes out of the freezer, but it is still tasty.
Do Cheesecake Brownies have to be refrigerated?
These brownies can be kept at room temperature for 1 or 2 days, but if you want the bars to last longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to one week.
How can I tell when cheesecake brownies are done baking?
You will know when the bars are done baking because the center will be set. You don’t want to over bake them. Allow the bars to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before cutting.
More Brownie Recipes:
- Homemade Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Perfect Every Time Brownies
- Small Batch Double Chocolate Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies because Love Does
- Easy S’mores Brownies
Brownie Cheesecake Bars are a rich chocolatey brownie topped with a creamy cheesecake layer to create a beautiful and divine dessert.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk, plus 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease with butter or cooking spray a 13×18 jelly roll pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add the eggs, oil, 1/4 cup milk, and vanilla. Whisk the wet ingredient to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient and pour the wet ingredients into the center. Mix until well combined or with the cookie paddle attached of a stand mixer, mix on medium-low speed until well combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Remove about 3/4 cup of the batter and put it in a small bowl (or the bowl the wet ingredients just came out of) and set aside. Spread the rest of the batter in the bottom of the greased jelly roll pan.
- To make the cheesecake layer, combine the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat another minute until well combined. Spread the cheesecake layer evenly on top of the brownie layer in the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of milk to the batter that you saved in the small bowl. Use a fork to whisk and combine it well. Drop the now thinned batter by small spoonfuls over the cheesecake layer and then use a toothpick to marble the cheesecake and thinned batter together. You just pull the toothpick across the top of the dessert with a bit of swirling motion. Do this until it is marbled as much as you like.
- Bake the bars for 28-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Dark cocoa powder, such as Hersey’s Special Dark, is amazingly chocolaty without being bitter. It’s a great thing to have on hand and I now use it in 90% of recipes that call for cocoa.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake brownies, how to make cheesecake brownies, brownies with cheesecake top, cheesecake brownie recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Make Brownie Cheesecake Bars recipe for an easy to please dessert, with a dark chocolatey fudgy layer topped with creamy marbled cheesecake. The best of both worlds.