1. Are you in the right place?
- Looking for easy family dinner ideas that your kids will actually eat?
- Need help taking the crazy out of dinner time with realistic meal planning?
- Are you looking for a community of like-minded parents?
- Are you interested in a old-school skills like canning, preserving, sourdough baking, fermenting, and sustainability?
If you said yes to any of the above, Bless this Mess is for you!
2. Sign up for emails
This is my favorite way to get you great content! When you sign up you'll get a free guide to getting dinner on the table.
- The guide includes how to meal plan in 15 minutes
- Free printable calendars
- Free 2 week meal plan with shopping list
I don't spam you with too many emails and they are always chalk full of useful timely information and recipes.
Sign Up Here:
3. Pick your favorite platform to stay connected on!
I'm very active on social media and I'd love for you to follow along in your favorite place!
- The Private Bless this Mess Facebook Group: great place to ask questions, share more photos, and share your favorite recipes.
- Instagram and Instagram Stories: I share the more personal information and glimpses of life on the farm here on Instagram. If that aspect interests you, IG is where to find it.
- Pinterest: where I'm pinning and saving my favorite recipes from across the internet. There's SO many great recipes out there and Pinterest is where I'm stashing them.
- YouTube: this is where I'm posting long for cooking class style videos. I have yeast bread making, sourdough bread baking, and how to make kombucha classes there.
4. Enjoy some of my very favorite recipes!
With so many recipes to choose from, I thought I'd show you a few of my personal favorites to get you started.
9 of my favorite recipes to get you started:
- The best chocolate chip cookie recipe: trust me, I've tried many! The secret? MELTED butter (plus no waiting for it to soften!)
- The first recipe I published online in 2009, my favorite easy caramel dip recipe. It's so easy and so fun to take to a party with sliced apples and pretzels to dip in it.
- Easy Weeknight Chili Recipe: I love all things chili and this my simple go-to recipe any night of the week.
- Easy (5 ingredient!) baked chicken legs are always a hit at my house and a recipe I've been making for years and years. The internet loves it too, it has lots of great 5-star reviews.
- Classic tomato and cucumber salad (with olives and onions), I eat this on repeat as soon as the first garden tomato is ready in the summer. It's so simple but satisfying.
- Deli-Style Broccoli Salad: I make this from Easter to Thanksgiving! It's the perfect side for just about any meal and everyone loves it.
- Classic sourdough bread recipe: if you aren't a sourdough bread baker yet, I'm here to convert you. My super simple method will make a believer out of you!
- Cornbread! This classic recipe is an internet sensation and something I've been making for decades. What I (and everyone else) love about this recipe is that it just always turns out. You can sub the oil for butter, the flour for GF flour, use less sugar, add cheese. So many variations work and it always turns out great.
- Light and Fluffy Waffles: I know waffles aren't anything new but really perfect fluffy waffles are just delicious and I make this recipe at least once a week. You'll love it too.
Ooohhhh! Which one will you try first? I can't wait to see a picture!
There you have it! 5 easy ways to best use Bless this Mess and these are just the tip of the iceberg!
PS - Did you know I have written cookbooks for you?
I have a sourdough baking book, 2 huge cookbooks that are 8 weeks of meals EACH (5 dinners, 1 dessert, 1 snack per week) that include a shopping list and prep ahead list for each week. All of the recipes are fast and family focused. I have 5 kids, I'm great at feeding families! And then I have some other books like freezer to slow cooker meals!
Thank you for being here! I'm so grateful that you stopped by and I hope I've helped you to want to stick around. Please reach out with an issues sign up or with any questions. Reach me at melissa @ blessthismessplease . com