These easy Crockpot Honey Teriyaki Meatballs have the perfect combination of savory and sweet! A simple party appetizer idea everyone is going to love. The best part? You get to eat the meatballs with a toothpick.
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 pounds frozen meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- In a medium saucepan, add the water and the cornstarch, and whisk to combine. Add the sugar, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, and sesame oil to pan, and stir to combine.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Place the meatballs in the slow cooker, and pour the sauce over the top. Cook according to package directions (3 to 3 1/2 hours on high for half a bag).
- Stir gently half way through cooking and once again before serving.
- When you are ready to serve, you can dish the meatballs onto a serving dish, ladle some of the sauce from the bottom of the slow cooker over the top, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onion. Or you can just serve them right out of the slow cooker as they are. The slow cooker is a great party option because it will keep them warm for good long time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot meatballs, crockpot meatball recipe, sweet and sour meatballs crockpot, best crockpot meatballs, slow cooker meatballs, easy party appetizers