Italian Beef Sandwiches are tender, cheesy, and slightly spicy for a delicious meal that’s quick and easy! This simple sandwich recipe is perfect for picnics, a busy weeknight, or a party!
I love that this is made in the crockpot! No need to turn on the oven and it practically makes itself. Just dump all for the ingredients and let it cook. Sides are easy too… corn on the cob, quick refrigerator pickles, or watermelon are perfect for this quick and easy meal.
Italian Beef Sandwiches
It is easy to think of the crock pot as more of a winter tool. But don’t be afraid to bust it out for warmer weather too. It’s so easy to put something in the crock pot and then forget about it until dinner. Italian beef sandwiches are a great meal if you are going to be gone all day or if you have a busy evening and won’t have much time to prep in the kitchen.
I like to serve Italian beef on a sturdy bread. Something along the lines of Italian or French bread. You don’t want too soft of a roll because you want the bread to be able to hold up all of the fixings. I either make my own sandwich buns or grab some from the bakery.
The pepperoncinis add such a great flavor to these sandwiches. Just a tip- you are not looking for pickled banana peppers. Look for specifically on the jar for the word pepperoncini. These also can vary in heat so if you want a more mild pepper look for that on the jar.
What is the best cut of meat for Italian beef sandwiches?
I prefer a chuck roast or a rump roast because it holds up well in a slow cooker. However, my go-to is to purchase whatever is on sale.
Should I trim the fat off of the roast before cooking?
I like to trim any visible fat from the roast before adding it to the slow cooker. Others debate that the fat adds flavor but I personally don’t love eating a sandwich with bits of fat in it.
Why is this sandwich called Italian beef?
The Italian beef sandwich comes from Chicago in the 1930s. It was considered to be a working mans lunch. Italian immigrants would also serve this sandwich at weddings because the meat was inexpensive and could feed a crowd on a budget.
Where can I buy pepperoncinis?
You will be able to find pepperoncini at most grocery stores in the isle that houses sandwich condiments like pickles and banana peppers.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Legs
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- Freezer to Slow Cooker Meals
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin and Potatoes
If you’ve tried this Italian Beef Sandwiches recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.Print
These easy Pepperoncini & Beef Sandwiches are tender, cheesy, and slightly spicy for a delicious meal that’s quick and easy! This simple sanwich recipe is perfect for picnics!
- 2.5 lbs. beef roast (buy whatever’s on sale–chuck, rump roast, etc)
- 1/2 (or more) of a 16oz peperoncinis (deli sliced or whole)
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sandwich Buns
- Your favorite white cheese–mozzarella, provolone, swiss, or white cheddar
- optional: extra peperoncinis for serving
- Trim any visible fat from your roast. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in half a jar worth of peppers (don’t include all the juice, just pick out the peppers). If you want a bit more heat, add a few tablespoons of the pepper juice to the crock pot. Pour in beef broth.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Shred beef, removing any fatty bits. Slice peppers and mix into beef.
- For best serving results, toast buns, fill with beef/pepper mixture, and top with cheese and a few extra peperoncinis. If necessary, pop the sandwiches in the oven for a minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef sandwich, beef sandwiches, sandwich recipe, best sandwich recipe, how to make a sandwich, slow cooker beef recipe, slow cooker beef
Want To Save This Recipe?
Sides for a Pepperoncini & Beef Sandwich
- The Best and Easiest Fruit Dip Recipe
- Quick & Easy Pesto Pasta Salad
- Grandma’s Quick Pickled Cucumbers – Refrigerator Pickles
- Grandma Lucy’s Baked Beans Recipe
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
- Deli-Style Broccoli Salad
More Delicious Sandwiches
- The Ultimate Pulled Pork Sandwich
- The Ultimate Turkey Sandwich
- Weeknight Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Pineapple Salsa (30 Minute Meal)
- The Ultimate Hummus and Veggie Sandwich
- South of the Border Chipotle Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon
- Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Cucumber Sandwich
- Sandwich Bread
- 6 Sandwich-on-a-Stick Lunch Box Ideas
I hope you add Italian Beef Sandwiches to your dinner menus soon. They are easy, tender, and combine delicious flavors all in one sandwich.