Pizza just got a snackable upgrade with these buttery and filling individual Pepperoni Pizza Sticks. If you're looking for an easy homemade pizza sticks recipe that tastes fantastic, these are your winners!
For the dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5-5 cups all-purpose flour
For the pepperoni pizza sticks:
- 1 package pepperoni (3.5 ounces)
- 8 string cheese sticks
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, optional
- 1 pinch garlic powder, optional
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- In a medium bowl, add the water, yeast, salt, sugar, and oil. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 cups of flour, and stir well to combine.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface and knead, adding additional flour as needed until it forms into a smooth and elastic dough. It should take about 5 minutes of kneading to get there.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down, and cut it into two even halves.
- Roll one half into a thin rectangle that is about 10 inches by 12 inches. Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut the rectangle into 4 even rectangles.
- Place 6 to 8 pieces of pepperoni in the middle of each rectangle in a line.
- Place an unwrapped string cheese stick on top of the pepperoni.
- Roll one side of the dough around the cheese stick, then tuck in the top and bottom, and continue rolling the dough around the cheese stick, so that the cheese and pepperoni are completely covered. Pinch the ends and seam shut well, and place the prepared pizza stick on a greased or parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, and then continue with the second half of the dough.
- Brush the pizza sticks with melted butter, and then sprinkle just a pinch of Italian seasoning and garlic powder over the tops.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 13 to 16 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping.
- If you don't pinch and seal the edges well, the cheese will leak out. It's delicious, just so you know. My kids actually like the ones with the melted cheese on the outside the most!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 13-16 mins
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pepperoni pizza sticks, pizza recipes, pizza, pepperoni pizza, how to make pizza, homemade pizza, homemade pizza sticks, homemade pizza recipes, easy homemade pizza