Meaty Margherita Pizza made with the traditional tomatoes, cheese, and basil but with added pepperoni and salami to make it one crowd-pleasing pizza done in only 30 minutes.
Pizza done in just 30 minutes?! Sign me up! This pizza is unique because the crust is made from yeast-less dough! Instead of yeast, the dough has a bit of baking powder in it which helps it to rise just a bit while baking. This is a great recipe to have up your sleeve when you need to get a quick and easy meal on the table in no time. Who doesn’t love pizza?
A traditional Margherita pizza is made with tomatoes (whole or crushed), a little bit of cheese, and fresh basil on the top. This is a meaty spin on that classic pizza with the addition of just a little bit of pepperoni and salami. This makes the pizza a real crowd-pleaser in my house. It’s thin, bright, and satisfying without being too heavy or greasy.
Meals that are quick and easy and made from things I normally have on hand are always a win!
Tips and Tricks for Making Meaty Margherita Pizza
- The dough should be a bit thin and easy to work with but not stick, so knead it a time or two on your counter as needed and use flour on your parchment paper if it starts to stick a little bit.
- To roll out this pizza, I have a little handled roller that works great for rolling pizza out on parchment. I use it often. It’s only $5 and my kids like to play with it when they are playing with play dough, too.
- Fresh basil is a must for this recipe. It really makes this pizza bright and flavorful.
- You can get small quantities of salami and pepperoni cut for you at the deli counter of most grocery stores.
Why do they call it Margherita Pizza?
There’s a story somewhere that says the best pizza maker in all of Italy made a pizza to honor Queen Margherita that highlighted the colors of the Italian flag – red, white, and green. The pizza has only grown in popularity and that perfect pizza combination of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil became a fast favorite.
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseats on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!Print
Meaty Margherita Pizza made with the traditional tomatoes, cheese, and basil, but with added pepperoni and salami to make it one crowd-pleasing pizza the whole family will love.
For the Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
For the Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella
- 6 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices genoa salami
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all the dough ingredients and knead with fingers until a soft ball of dough forms, and all the butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto floured parchment paper and roll out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Gently brush the dough with olive oil, then top with the crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and dried basil, adjusting seasoning as needed.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese, then layer with the pepperoni and salami.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the pizza is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with the chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Other Pizza Recipes you might like:
- 20 Minute Easy Cheesy Pizza Sticks
- Fruit Pizza Cookies
- The Best Easy Pizza Dough Recipe (traditional yeast dough that’s super forgiving and always turns out)
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizzas (done in 15 minutes!)
- 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
So much pizza to love! I can’t wait for you to try this 30 Minute Meaty Margherita Pizza because I know you are going to love it. Enjoy from my kitchen to yours!