A savory bagel topped with bacon, eggs, cheese, and avocado makes for a quick and delicious breakfast. This Bagel Sandwich recipe will have you excited to wake up in the mornings!
This hearty bagel sandwich features all the best parts of breakfast food! I love these bagel sandwiches because they don’t take too much time but are so filling and give me plenty of energy to start the day. The savory blend of flavors in this sandwich gives you a fresh and satisfying bite each time.
You can easily customize these sandwiches for yourself or your family, which is nice when someone likes provolone cheese but someone else prefers Swiss. Everyone in my family loves sauces, so we like to add some ketchup or spicy mayo to the bagel before packing all the ingredients in! However you choose to make these bagel sandwiches, you will have the most perfect breakfast ready for the whole family in no time!
Table Of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- A filling and satisfying dish!
- Fresh, flavorful, and can be customized!
- Easy to make and only uses a few ingredients!
- A fun and different way to eat bagels!
- Bagels—Sliced in half. You can toast them or leave them untoasted.
- Eggs—Scrambled or fried.
- Provolone Cheese—Add a mild smoky flavor to your sandwich.
- Avocados—Ripe avocados will be easier to cut into clean slices.
- Bacon—Precooked. You can use turkey bacon as well.
How to Make Bagel Sandwich
1. Gather all of your ingredients for bagel sandwiches.
2. Fry your eggs in a medium pan drizzled with a bit of olive oil.
3. Place an egg on the bottom half of each bagel followed by two slices of cheese and 3 slices of bacon.
4. Cut each avocado in half and then slice them. Add a few slices of avocado to each sandwich. Add the top half of each bagel, serve, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the easiest ways to tell if your avocado is ripe is to give them a light squeeze. If your avocado feels soft then it is ready to go. A hard avocado that is not very malleable likely still needs a day or two. You can also look at the color of your avocado. The greener your avocado is, the less ripe it is.
It is completely up to you! You can toast them beforehand if you want them to be a little more crispy and add a little crunch, but it is not necessary. If you do not toast them first, the sandwich could possibly have a more dry texture due to the thickness of the bagels.
We love the smokey flavor that provolone cheese brings to these sandwiches. However, with that being said, switching up what cheese you use is an easy way to customize the flavor of your sandwich. You can use muenster cheese for a richer flavor, pepper jack for a spicier sandwich, and sharp cheddar for a more savory flavor profile. With so many different kinds of cheese to choose from you really can’t go wrong.
- I usually use plain bagels for these sandwiches, but Asiago bagels are a great option too. Pick your favorite kind of savory bagel and use that!
- If you want to take this sandwich to the next level and have some extra time on your hands, you can make your own homemade bagels and use those!
- I like to season my egg with some salt and pepper as it cooks in the pan. You can fry your egg completely or leave your yolk runny for some extra flavor!
- You can replace the provolone with a slice of your favorite cheese! Some other cheeses that work well with this sandwich include American, Swiss, and Muenster.
- When picking your avocados, you can tell if they are ripe if they give in to a firm gentle pressure when you squeeze them in the palm of your hand!
How to Serve and Store Bagel Sandwich
Bagel sandwiches are perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch. You can pair these sandwiches with some fresh fruit or vegetables on the side as well as a protein shake or juice to drink. You can also add different vegetables or toppings to your sandwich to add extra flavor. Some of our favorite sandwich additions include sprouts, spinach, and tomato. These sandwiches are best served fresh and should not be stored as leftovers after they are assembled.
- 3 plain bagels sliced in half
- 3 large eggs
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large avocados
- 9 slices bacon precooked
- Fry your eggs in a medium pan drizzled with a little bit of oil.
- Place an egg on the bottom half of each bagel followed by two slices of provolone cheese and 3 slices of bacon.
- Cut each avocado in half and then slice each half. Add a few slices of avocado to each sandwich.
- Add the top half of each bagel, serve, and enjoy!
- You can use toasted bagels or leave them untoasted.
- We usually use plain bagels but Asiago bagels work great too! You can also make your own homemade bagels if you want to take this sandwich to the next level.
Other cheeses that go good with this sandwich include American, Swiss, and Muenster.
- These sandwiches are best served fresh and should not be stored as leftovers.
- Other veggies you can add to these sandwiches include sprouts, spinach, and tomato.
- You can either fry your egg completely or leave the yolk runny for some extra flavor.