Quick and easy breakfast pizza sticks made with pizza dough, eggs, bacon, and cheese, all baked into easy-to-eat pizza sticks.
Let me introduce you to breakfast pizza sticks – eggs, bacon, and cheese all wrapped up in pizza crust. It’s in stick form because it’s fun and easy to eat. Neighbor kids were over when I was testing this recipe and they and my own kids loved it. They kept calling it eggs in toast which I thought was a fun idea. That sums it up well – eggs hiding in bread.
I used a refrigerated pizza crust for this recipe. I have been trying different ones, seeing if they’re worth using for a time-saving hack (we’re all busy moms, right?!), and I actually found them to be pretty tasty and easy to work with. It’s a great option for this meal because it saves quite a bit of time. All you have to do is scramble a few eggs, unroll a crust, fill, and bake. Dinner (or breakfast!) is on the table in about thirty minutes with only about 10 minutes of that being hands on. If you aren’t short on time, feel free to whip up a homemade pizza crust (here’s my favorite Easy Pizza Dough Recipe). Either way it’s going to be delicious.
I made this as a breakfast for dinner kind of meal, but feel free to use it for any meal of the day! Some of my kids dipped it in ketchup too. How weird is that? It’s not for me, but my mom did put ketchup on her fried egg sandwiches when I was growing up – that’s kind of the same thing right?
Tips and Tricks for Making Breakfast Pizza Sticks
- Refrigerated pizza crust is super easy to work with. If you’d like to make your own, I love this Pizza Dough Recipe (it’ll make 2-3 times what you need, depending on how thick you roll it out, so half the recipe or make two breakfast pizza sticks).
- You can throw in just about anything you like! A little chopped bell pepper, onion, ground sausage, and even pepper jack cheese are all delicious. Think of it as an omelet stuffed inside of bread – just don’t over fill it too much or the bottom will be soggy when you cook it.
- Make this a meal by adding some fresh fruit and yogurt on the side.
- I did find that I needed to make two of these for my family of seven. One wouldn’t be close to enough.
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseats on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!Print
Quick and easy breakfast pizza sticks made with pizza dough, eggs, bacon, and cheese, all baked into easy to eat pizza sticks.
- 8 eggs
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust (rectangle is best) or 1/2 a recipe Easy Pizza Dough
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork to combine well.
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add the eggs and scramble until cooked through, set aside.
- Unroll the pizza crust on a piece of parchment paper.
- Add the eggs to one side, top with cooked bacon and then cheese. Fold the other side of the dough over on top of the eggs. Gently press the edges of the dough together.
- Transfer the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. After the rest time, slice into 8 sticks and serve right away.
- Refrigerated pizza crust is super easy to work with. If you’d like to make your own, I love this Pizza Dough Recipe (it’ll make 2-3 times what you need, depending on how thick you roll it out, so half it or make two batches of breakfast pizza sticks).
- You can throw in just about anything you like! A little chopped bell pepper, ground sausage, and even pepper jack cheese are all delicious.
Love easy Breakfast Pizza Sticks? Here are some more easy dinner ideas:
- 20 Minute Easy Cheesy Pizza Sticks
- 20-Minute Roasted Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Tacos
- Healthy 30 Minute Alphabet Soup
- 30 Minute Simple Roasted Tomato and Sausage Pasta
- Cornbread Waffles with Chili -15 Minute Dinner
Put those meals on your calendar and you have a week of super easy and mighty tasty meals. Enjoy this easy dinner idea from my kitchen to yours, friends.