These cream biscuits are super simple, flaky, and fluffy and the perfect vessel for all your favorite biscuit toppings, whether you love butter, jam, gravy, or anything else!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in cream until everything comes together into a dough, without over-mixing.
- Turn out onto floured counter, press dough to 3/4-inch thickness, and use biscuit cutter, metal canning ring, or a floured cup rim to cut biscuits.
- Pat together remaining dough to form as many biscuits as possible.
- Bake on a stone or heavy baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve hot with butter and jam.
- Milk won't work in this recipe. Since there isn't butter or other fats in this recipe, you need the fat from the cream.
- Recipe from my friend Emily at One Lovely Life; she shared it ages ago and I've loved it ever since.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: side
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cream biscuits, homemade biscuits, biscuit recipe