- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup, cold butter, diced
- 3/4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas.
- With the mixer on low, add the milk and beat until just mixed.
- Add the chives and mix until just combined.
- Dump the dough out on a well-floured board and knead lightly into a rectangle 3/4-inch thick. Cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl beat one egg well and add 1 tablespoon water. Brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Recipe from Ina Garten via the Food Network