Ditch the box and make from your waffles from scratch! This easy and incredible homemade classic fluffy buttermilk waffle recipe uses only 7 ingredients.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light oil, such as canola, vegetable, or avocado oil
- 1 and 3/4 cups buttermilk
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- Whisk all ingredients together until a thin and slightly lumpy batter forms.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite topping, such as buttermilk syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- No buttermilk? No problem! For each cup of buttermilk, you can use 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to measure 1 cup. Stir, then let rest for 5 minutes before using.
- I have replaced half of the oil in this recipe with applesauce with great success.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best buttermilk waffles, homemade waffles, fluffy waffle recipe, fluffy waffle mix, waffle recipe, buttermilk waffle batter, buttermilk waffles, easy waffles, buttermilk waffle recipe, classic waffle recipe,