Take waffles from breakfast to dessert with this cake batter dessert waffles with ice cream recipe. You’ll have just as much fun making this sweet treat as you do eating it!
- 1 box cake mix
- Ingredients called for on box of cake mix (generally oil, water, and eggs)
- Ice cream for serving
- Additional toppings, such as sprinkles or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite ice cream and toppings on top.
- I have found that the cake batter waffles sometimes need a longer cooking time than traditional waffles. Don’t be afraid to cook it a little longer than you normally do.
- I have had luck using just about every cake mix under the sun, like Funfetti, Red Velvet, Lemon, Devil’s Food, and more.
- Be sure your waffle iron is hot and sprayed well with cooking spray before adding the cake batter to ensure the waffles don’t stick.
- Category: dessert
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe for dessert waffles, how to make dessert waffles, cake mix waffles, waffle recipe, easy waffles, box cake mix recipe idea, dessert waffles, cake batter dessert waffles, waffles with ice cream, fun waffle idea,