Take waffles from breakfast to dessert in this cake batter dessert waffles with ice cream recipe, and you’ll have just as much fun making them as you do eating them!
- 1 box cake mix
- Ingredients called for on box of cake mix (generally oil, water, and eggs)
- Ice cream for serving
- Additional toppings, such as sprinkles or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite ice cream and toppings on top.
- I have found that the cake batter waffles sometimes need a longer cooking time than traditional waffles. Don’t be afraid to cook it a little longer than you normally do.
- I have had luck using just about every cake mix under the sun, like Funfetti, Red Velvet, Lemon, Devil’s Food, and more.
- Be sure your waffle iron is hot and sprayed well with cooking spray before adding the cake batter to ensure the waffles don’t stick.
- Category: dessert
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: waffles, waffle recipe, dessert, waffle, cake, cake mix