Learn how to make homemade salad dressing with this super simple vinaigrette recipe that only needs a few simple ingredients.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder (or fresh), honey or maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a small bowl or a small mason jar. Whisk to combine or if you are using a jar, add a lid and shake to combine.
- Test the taste on a little piece of greens, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away on your favorite salad.
- Vinaigrettes is especially good on salad greens (opposed to just plain lettuce).
- See notes for variations.
- Variations: To make Lemon Vinaigrette replace the balsamic vinegar in the recipe with 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. To make a Red Wine Vinaigrette, replace the balsamic vinegar in the recipe with 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- You can swap out the vinegar for just about any vinegar you like or have on hand. It's a great chance to try flavored vinegars like peach or strawberry vinegars too, they are great in salad dressing!
- You can use other light oils such as avocado oil in this recipe if you prefer.
- I like to warm my honey up just a bit before adding it to encourage it to incorporate into the dressing better.
- You can store leftover dressing in the fridge for a few weeks, just bring it back to room temperature before serving. Shake or whisk before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: side
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make vinaigrette, basic vinaigrette recipe, vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette recipe, lemon vinaigrette recipe, red wine vinaigrette recipe, easy vinaigrette recipe