This egg roll recipe is easy! Use a bag of chopped cabbage, add a little ground pork, roll them up and fry them to perfection. You'll love them!
- 1 package shredded coleslaw mix (16 ounces)
- ¼ pounds ground pork, pork sausage, or chicken
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 2 quarts light oil for frying (such as canola, avocado, or vegetable oil)
- Brown ground pork or sausage in large sauté pan or skillet.
- Add coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the cabbage is wilted and cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Let coleslaw mixture cool slightly, about 5 minutes, off the heat.
- Brush beaten egg on 2 sides of egg roll wrapper.
- Place a small amount of filling mixture in the middle of the wrapper and roll up according to the diagram on the wrapper package and roll it up, making sure edges are sealed.
- In a large Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed and high-sided skillet, add the oil and heat over medium to medium-high heat. Use a paddle thermometer to gauge the temperature.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Working in batches, fry 6 or so egg rolls at a time, as to not over crowd the pan.
- Use a spider strainer to remove the egg rolls from the oil and place them on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls, working in batches.
- Eat the egg rolls right away while still hot.
- These are great dipped in sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: side
- Method: fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make eggrolls, easy eggrolls, eggroll recipe, fried eggrolls