I love this Quick and Easy Stir-Fry recipe so much! It tastes amazing and it’s so much healthier than take-out. This is the perfect recipe for hectic nights when you don’t want to spend an hour cooking!
More quick Asian-inspired recipes like Shrimp Noodle Stir Fry, General Tso’s chicken, and Easy Korean Ground Beef and Rice all take 30 minutes or less to prepare and are so easy to make! Make something flavorful and fun for nights when you don’t have much time.
Quick and Easy Stir-Fry
I got this recipe from my sister (Hi, Lachelle!). The idea is that you cook up a little chicken, throw all of the ingredients for the sauce in a mason jar and give it a shake, add the sauce and cook, add some frozen veggies (Costco has a fabulous organic frozen stir-fry vegetable medley that we love), and then serve it all over hot rice. It takes less than a half-hour to throw together and the whole family loves it. It’s always a winner and one that will go in your quick meal rotation with ease. Enjoy and pin it for later!
How can I make this meal spicier?
If you’d like the sauce a bit spicier, make it a few hours ahead of time with the red pepper flakes. Let the sauce rest in the fridge and reshake before you are ready to use. Letting the pepper flakes sit in the sauce will give them time to release more of their heat.
How do I prevent lumps from forming in the sauce?
To ensure there are no cornstarch lumps in the sauce I recommend combining the corn starch and the cold water and shaking those together well before adding the additional ingredients.
What else can I serve stir-fry with?
If you don’t want to make rice or want to try something else, other great options for a stir-fry is to serve it with salad, fruit, steamed veggies, egg rolls or dumplings, or noodles. You can even change your rice to fried rice if you want to try something different!Print
I love this Quick and Easy Stir-Fry recipe so much! It tastes amazing and it’s so much healthier than take out. This is the perfect recipe for hectec nights when you don’t want to spend an hour cooking!
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Hot cooked rice, about 6 cups cooked
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken is cooking add all of the sauce ingredients to a quart mason jar, add a lid, and shake well to combine.
- When the chicken is cooked through, reduce the heat to medium and pour the sauce over the chicken. Stirring continuously cook until the sauce thickens and the color changes from a muddy brown to a more clean reddish color. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook until the veggies are heated through.
- Serve the chicken, sauce, veggie mixture over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: easy stir fry, easy stir fry recipe, easy chicken stir fry recipe, easy chicken stir fry, chicken stir fry recipe, best chicken stir fry recipe, best stir fry recipe, homemade stir fry, the best stir fry recipe
More Asian Inspired Recipes:
- Orange Chicken with Stir-Fry Veggies
- 30 Minute Stir Fry with Crispy Shrimp
- Thai Chopped Salad with the Best Peanut Dressing
- Green Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
- Asian Chicken Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing
- Shrimp Sushi
- Very Veggie Asian Pasta Salad
More Quick Dinners:
- Healthy 30 Minute Alphabet Soup
- 30 Minute Meaty Margherita Pizza
- Simple 30 Minute Barbecue Sauce
- Weeknight Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Pineapple Salsa (30 Minute Meal)
- 30 Minute Simple Roasted Tomato and Sausage Pasta
- Quick, Easy, and Healthy White Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Curry (meatless)
- Quick and Easy Lentil Tacos
This post was originally published in 2013 and has been updated in August 2019.
This Quick and Easy Stir-Fry takes less than thirty minutes and feeds your family something delicious with lots of vegetables and chicken.