I love this quick and easy stir-fry recipe! I got this recipe from my sister (Hi, Lachelle!). The idea is that you cook up a little chicken, throw all of the ingredients for the sauce in a mason jar and give it a shake, add the sauce and cook, add some frozen veggies (Costco has a fabulous organic frozen stri-fry vegetable medley that we love), and then serve it all over hot rice. It takes less than a half hour to throw together and the whole family loves it. It’s always a winner and one that will go in your quick meal rotation with ease. Enjoy and pin it for later!Print
Quick and easy chicken stir-fry. Cook the chicken, throw all of the sauce ingredients in a jar and give it a shake, use frozen veggies. This couldn’t be easier!
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables
- Hot cooked rice, about 6 cups cooked
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken is cooking add all of the sauce ingredients to a quart mason jar, add a lid, and shake well to combine.
- When the chicken is cooked through, reduce the heat to medium and pour the sauce over the chicken. Stirring continuously cook until the sauce thickens and the color changes from a muddy brown to a more clean reddish color. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook until the veggies are heated through.
- Serve the chicken, sauce, veggie mixture over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
To ensure there are no cornstarch lumps in the sauce I recommend combining the corn starch and the cold water and shaking those together well before adding the additional ingredient.
If you’d like the sauce a bit spicier make it a few hours ahead of time with the red pepper flakes. Let the sauce rest in the fridge and reshake before you are ready to use. Letting the pepper flakes sit in the sauce will gives them time to release more of their heat.
Have a great day and enjoy this recipe from my kitchen to yours!