This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it’s done! It’s perfect for a quick snack or appetizer and it’s healthy too!
This Is My Favorite Easy Blender Salsa Recipe
While I’m waiting anxiously for my tomatoes to ripen I’ve been making and eating this salsa like it’s my job. This is my very favorite quick and easy blender salsa recipe that uses canned tomatoes. Canned tomatoes are such a great option in cooking when the garden ones aren’t quiet ready because they were actually picked and processed when the tomatoes were ripe. They win over those mealy store-bought tomatoes any day, especially in salsa.
Bonus points if you are using home canned tomatoes from last year’s garden.
What ingredients are in homemade blender salsa?
This salsa is made with a tomato base with jalapeno, garlic and onion added for flavor and a little spice. Throw in some cilantro, cumin and lime and add sugar and salt to taste and Bam, you got salsa.
How long should homemade salsa sit before eating?
The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving. Doing this allows all of the flavors to mix together and really bring out the best taste.
Should I refrigerate homemade salsa?
Yes! To maximize the life of the salsa, store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it’s done!
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/4 of a medium onion (about 1/2 cup), I prefer a sweet or red onion
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved (I take the seeds out)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender or food processor. Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds. Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and pulse a few time until you get the salsa consistency that you like (10-15 pulses). Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine. Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.
- The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving with warm tortilla chips or any other Mexican dish.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 350.7mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blender salsa, salsa recipe, easy salsa recipe, healthy salsa,blender salsa recipe, recipe for easy salsa, how to make salsa, homemade salsa recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Here are some of my favorite recipes to enjoy with this blender salsa:
- Homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- Steak Tostadas
- Meatless Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Steak Carnitas Meat in the Crock-Pot
- The Best Chicken Tacos Ever
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey and Lentil Taco Filling
- Easy Steak Fajitas
- Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Skillet Taco Pasta made with ground beef
I know you’ll love this Blender Salsa that is quick, easy, and delicious.