This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it’s done. It’s perfect for a quick snack or appetizer and it’s healthy too!
This is my very favorite quick and easy blender salsa recipe that uses canned tomatoes. Canned tomatoes are such a great option in cooking when the garden ones aren’t quite ready because they were actually picked and processed when the tomatoes were ripe. They win over those mealy store-bought tomatoes any day, especially in salsa.
Easy Blender Salsa Recipe
Who doesn’t love chips and salsa?! That is basically the reason that I want to go out for Mexican food. But making blender salsa at home is super easy and is done in just a couple of minutes. I’ll take homemade salsa over store-bought any day of the week.
Blender salsa isn’t thick and chunky like pico de Gallo. It has a consistency similar to the salsa served at restaurants. I like to serve this blender salsa when I’m making fajitas, burritos, quesadillas, or just for a delicious and super easy snack.
It is SO hard to resist eating the salsa right from the blender. But this salsa tastes even better the longer it sits and marinates. I recommend waiting at least an hour before you dive in!
What ingredients are in homemade blender salsa?
This salsa is made with a tomato base with jalapeno, garlic and onion added for flavor and a little spice. Throw in some cilantro, cumin and lime and add sugar and salt to taste and Bam, you got salsa.
How long should homemade salsa sit before eating?
The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving. Doing this allows all of the flavors to mix together and really bring out the best taste.
Should I refrigerate homemade salsa?
Yes! To maximize the life of the salsa, store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
More Salsa Recipes
- Chunky Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Easy Restaurant-Style Salsa Recipe
- Tomatillo Salsa Recipe for Canning
- Mango Salsa Recipe
- Easy Salsa Verde Recipe
If you’ve tried this blender salsa recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.Print
This recipe for the Best Blender Salsa ever is quick, easy, and awesome. Just toss all of the ingredients into a blender and it’s done!
- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/4 of a medium onion (about 1/2 cup), I prefer a sweet or red onion
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved (I take the seeds out)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in blender or food processor. Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and pulse a few time until you get the salsa consistency that you like (10-15 pulses).
- Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine. Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.
- The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving with warm tortilla chips or any other Mexican dish.
- This recipe is very flexible, add other peppers if you like it more spicy or less spice and adjust everything to taste.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 350.7mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: blender salsa, salsa recipe, easy salsa recipe, healthy salsa,blender salsa recipe, recipe for easy salsa, how to make salsa, homemade salsa recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Here are some of my favorite recipes to enjoy with this blender salsa:
- Homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- Steak Tostadas
- Meatless Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Steak Carnitas Meat in the Crock-Pot
- The Best Chicken Tacos Ever
- Instant Pot Ground Turkey and Lentil Taco Filling
- Easy Steak Fajitas
- Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Skillet Taco Pasta made with ground beef
Blender salsa is as quick and easy as it sounds. Try this simple recipe next time you are making a Mexican dish-you will be so happy you did!