Hearty and healthy, whole wheat tortillas are beyond simple to make and go great with bold flavored wraps, tacos, and gyros!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I like whole wheat pastry flour best)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add oil and water to make a stiff dough. You may need more or less water depending on the type of wheat and how recently it was ground, but the dough should be stiff.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface until super thin (pretty much as thin as you can without making holes in it).
- Cook tortillas one at a time in the skillet, turning when bubbles start to appear.
- Keep warm cooked tortillas wrapped in a towel while you are cooking the others.
- Eat right away while still hot!
- I really like these for big flavored meals, like gyros and wraps with lots of flavors.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole wheat, tortilla, healthy