Buffalo Chicken Wraps
on Mar 05, 2022, Updated Aug 13, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps are a great way to spice up your lunch or dinner. There is no shortage of flavor amongst the chicken, hint of blue cheese, with crisp romaine lettuce and all wrapped up in a tortilla.
If you love buffalo wings, you are in for a treat with buffalo chicken wraps. They have the same great taste without all of the extra work and fat content. Buffalo sauce and blue cheese marry together so well to create a wrap that is bursting with flavor.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Buffalo chicken wraps make for a tasty lunch or a quick and easy dinner. It’s fun to swap out traditional sandwiches for a fun wrap and my family loves them.
These wraps can be made in a flash. Simply split the chicken breast in half as if you were butterflying it, but cut all the way through. The goal is to have two chicken breasts that are much thinner. Cook on the first side for 6-8 minutes until the chicken starts to get very golden brown in color. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the second side until the chicken is cooked through. Easy peasy.
The best part about this recipe is the blue cheese dressing used to drizzle over the top of the chicken. The flavors combine to be tangy with just a hint of spice. If you are looking for a little more spice add more Franks REDHOT sauce.
Is Franks RedHot Sauce a vital part of this recipe?
Yes! Just get the original, it’s only a strong-mild/tame-medium in my opinion when it comes to heat. It’s very vinegary and tastes just like what a hot wing should. If you are a fire breather you might want to get the more spicy option. If you have a tried and true wing sauce that you love though, feel free to use it in the recipe.
Can you make your own blue cheese dressing?
I recommend making your own. I used this blue cheese dressing recipe from Mountain Momma Cooks and it was life changing. If you aren’t crazy about strong blue cheese sub it for feta. The dressing comes together in a snap and was SO good. That creamy element with the hot sauced chicken is so good.
Can I make this recipe without using a tortilla?
Of course. You can save on some carbs and layer the buffalo chicken over a bed or mixed greens and still top with the blue cheese dressing. It is a winning combo.
More sandwich recipes:
Sides to go with you Buffalo Chicken Wrap:
- Perfect Oven French Fries
- The BEST Crispy Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
- Creamy 6-Cup Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Grandma Lucy’s Baked Beans Recipe
- Classic Potato Salad Recipe
If you’ve tried this Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Franks RedHot Original RedHot Sauce
- 1 Romain heart,, chopped
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 celery heart,, leaves intact
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Additional Blue cheese dressing and Franks Hot sauce for serving
- Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Split the chicken breast in half as if you were butterflying it, but cut all the way through. The goal is to have two chicken breasts that are much thinner.
- Salt and pepper both sides of both pieces of chicken. Add the olive oil to the hot pan and when it starts to just barely smoke, add the chicken.
- Cook on the first side for 6-8 minutes until the chicken starts to get very golden brown in color. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the second side until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat off the pan and remove the chicken. Allow the chicken to rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes slice the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Put the sliced chicken back in the warm pan (without any heat to the pan) and add the hot sauce. Stir to combine and coat the chicken well.
- Mix 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing and the chopped Romain heart in a medium bowl to coat the lettuce well. You might need to thin the dressing with a bit of milk if it is extra thick.
- Cut the end off the celery heart and pick the smallest and most tender stalks out of the middle.
- Warm the tortillas according to the package directions.
- To assemble the wraps place one warm tortilla on a flat surface, add one forth of the dressed lettuce, a few celery stalks, one fourth of the chicken, a bit of crumbled blue cheese, and additional dressing and hot sauce to taste. Pull one end of the tortilla in and then roll from top to bottom, burrito-style and enjoy!
A few more recipes you should try:
- Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Crunchy Baked Chicken Tacos
- 4-Ingredient Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Legs
- The BEST Baked Chicken Breast
- Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Wraps are light in effort but heavy on flavor. You are going to devour these tangy wraps in a flash and leave your family cheering!