Roasted Brussel sprouts are super quick to prep, healthy, and the most delicious side dish. And best of all, they aren’t mushy!
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prep the Brussels sprouts by trimming their cut ends and then cutting them in half.
- In a large bowl, add the Brussels sprouts and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the veggies out on a baking sheet, flipping the Brussels sprouts over as needed so that the cut side is down.
- Bake in hot oven for 15-20 minutes until you can pierce the Brussels spouts with a fork.
- When they come out of the oven, squeeze the lemon over the top.
- Serve right away with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Don’t use a baking mat or anything on your pan for this recipe, the vegetables against the metal help them to crisp up the best.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to roast brussels sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts recipes, how to cook brussels sprouts