A refreshing and easy taste of summer, this Mediterranean cucumber salad is packed with fresh ingredients and flavors that you can totally make your own!
- 2 cups chopped, peeled cucumber (1 large cucumber)
- 1 cup chopped garden fresh tomato (1 large tomato)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs (scant 1/4 cup chopped), optional
- Add the cucumber, tomato, onion, and olives to a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and vinegar, and toss gently to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust ingredients to taste (add more of what you like), and add fresh herbs if using.
- Serve right away, or keep in the fridge for up to 3 hours before serving.
- You can use balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar if you prefer.
- This is so flexible -- add more of anything that you like, and adjust the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and herbs to your liking.
- I love chopped fresh basil and parsley in this dish. A little fresh dill is also lovely.
- This salad gets a little soft if left in the fridge more than a few hours, but I still think it tastes really good.
- This recipes scales up really nicely. I'll often make a huge bowl of it to take to picnics and potlucks in the summer when all of the veggies are so good.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Category: side, salad
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber recipe, cucumber salad, salad, olive, tomatoes, healthy, cucumber