This simple recipe for how to cook a whole spaghetti squash in the slow cooker is the best set-it-and-forget-it hack — you’ll never go back to roasted spaghetti squash!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
- 1 cup water
- Rinse off your spaghetti squash, and set it in the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Add one cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until a fork easily pierces the skin of the squash.
- Remove from the slow cooker, and place on a cutting board.
- Cut in half width-wise with a sharp knife, and remove the stem.
- Use a spoon to scrape the seeds from the center.
- Use a fork to scrape the flesh so that it becomes “spaghetti.”
- Serve however you like.
- This is such an easy and set-it-and-forget-it recipe!
- Category: side
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spaghetti squash, healthy, slow cooker, crock pot, low carb, vegetable, side