Classic Belgian Waffle recipe for fluffy & perfectly crisp waffles. Made with simple ingredients, it’s an easy recipe for the BEST Belgian waffles ever!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat you waffle iron as directed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine. Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a second medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the egg yolks, oil, and milk to the well and use the whisk to slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir well until very few lumps remain.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites, taking care not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with your favorite topping such as buttermilk syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
- The key to that light and fluffy waffle is taking the time to beat the egg whites before adding them to the rest of the batter. If you skip this step, you’ll still have one delicious waffle but that texture just won’t be the same.
- I found that using oil instead of butter lends to a crispier waffle exterior. I do love butter, but this recipe really is better with the oil.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade waffles, waffle recipe, belgium waffle recipe, easy belgian waffles, classic waffles, easy waffle recipe, fluffy waffles, how to make waffles, classic belgian waffle recipe, traditional waffles,