The easiest crispy roasted potatoes are made with potatoes, oil, and salt, that’s it! They are the perfect side to so many meals and so good!
- 5 or 6 medium russet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 5 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- additional salt to taste
- Scrub your potatoes clean and then peel the potatoes and cut them into even 1 to 1.5 inch squares. Make sure they are all close to the same size.
- Put all of the potatoes in a medium bowl. Fill the bowl with hot tap water and let the potatoes soak for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and then pat them dry with a clean dish cloth or paper towels.
- Wipe the bowl out so there is no water left in it. Put the dry potatoes back in the dry bowl and toss them in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. On a large, rimmed baking sheet add the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil and spread it all over the pan until it is completely coated (a pastry brush works well here).
- Sprinkle the salt on the oiled pan.
- Place the potatoes evenly on the pan taking care to not crowd them too much.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, stir the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stir a second time and then bake for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Be sure to use a thin metal spatula while turning so that you can cleanly remove them from the bottom of the pan and not peel the crispy potatoes bottoms off of the rest of the potato cube.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, stir another time and lightly salt again. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
- If your potatoes are getting too hot or starting to get too dark on the bottom between stirring, feel free to lower your oven temperature to 400 degrees F. at any point in the cooking process.
- Cutting your potatoes into as even sized pieces as you can helps to ensure they cook evenly.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted potatoes, how to roast potatoes, crispy roasted potato cubes, crispy roasted potatoes