The options are endless for this Everyday Cheese Board, but the trick is to get a solid combination of flavors, textures, and colors on the board! I like cheddar, Colby jack, and swiss cheeses with jam, mustard, various types of crackers, olives, and fruit.
- Cheeses – sharp cheddar, Colby jack, and swiss
- Crackers – look for a wide variety of shapes and textures (some buttery, some seedy, etc.)
- Fruit – thinly sliced apples are always a great idea, and so are berries
- Extras – seasonal fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and olives
- Condiments – a whole grain mustard, some kind of jam, and honey are all musts
- Board – wood board, marble slab, cookie sheet, plate — it all works
- Cheese knives
- Arrange the cheeses first (the most important ingredient, after all), and then place the rest of the crackers, nuts, fruit, and other items around the cheese.
- Finish with a garnish (seasonal items, dried fruit, and even other organics, like leaves, herbs, or whole apples work great), and enjoy!
- Don’t think you need anything fancy — it’s just the right combo of simple ingredients.
- When eating a cheese board, making flavor combos on your cracker is half the fun. Add cheese, mustard, a slice of apple, and a drizzle of honey to your cracker. The combinations are endless but half of the fun of eating from a cheese board.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese board, cheese tray, charcuterie, cheese