- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 fresh poblano chile pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup refrigerated pico de gallo
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican-style four-cheese blend
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, rice, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Do not lift lid. Remove from head and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
- While rice is cooking, toss together chicken, 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Head skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and poblano pepper for 4 to 6 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add corn and beans. Cook until heated, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove ½ teaspoon zest and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from lime. In a bowl, mash together avocado and lime zest. In another bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning.
- Divide lettuce into bowls, add rice then chicken mixture. Top with avocado mixture, pico de gallo, and cheese. Drizzle with lime juice mixture. Serve with cilantro.