- 1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
- 1/4 onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, outer skin removed
- 1 whole jalapeno, halved (I take the seeds out)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (28 ounce) or 1 quart home-canned whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounce)
- Combine cilantro, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in a food processor.
- Process until all of the veggies are chopped, about 30 seconds.
- Add the whole undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, cumin, and lime juice and pulse a few time until you get the salsa consistency that you like (10-15 pulses).
- Add the diced tomatoes and pulse one or two times to combine. Test the seasonings on a tortilla chip and adjust accordingly.
- The salsa is much better when it has time to sit. Let it rest for at least an hour before serving with warm tortilla chips or any other Mexican dish.
- And if you missed it, this is amazing with homemade baked tortilla chips!
- Category: side
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa recipe, salsa, tomato, mexican food