Summer is here, so let's make a quick meal that won't heat up your kitchen! This skillet pork chop recipe with a side of mushrooms and green beans is one that I make often and my whole family loves.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pounds sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- AdapTable Meals Roasted Garlic and Herb Boneless Pork Loin Chops
- ¼ cup salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste (don’t be stingy here)
- Rinse your green beans and then add them to a medium saucepan. Cover them with water and heat the water over high heat until boiling. When the beans are boiling, reduce the heat to medium-high and cover with a lid.
- While the beans are cooking add the mushrooms to a large 10-12 inch skillet (cast iron preferred) and cook over medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. After a few minutes of cooking the mushrooms will start to release some of their moisture, keep cooking. Cook the mushrooms until all of the moisture they have released has been cooked off and the pan looks dry again, this takes roughly 8-10 minutes of cooking.
- When the pan looks dry again, reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Heat another skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the olive oil to the skillet.
- Cook the pork chops, covered, in the skillet for 2-2 1/2 minutes per side, until the pork reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer.
- After the beans have boiled for about 20 minutes, check them for tenderness. You want them to be tender crisp. Let them cook for an additional 5 minutes if they aren't quite done and if they are, drain them well.
- When the pork is done cooking, remove it from the pan and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- When the beans are done cooking and drained, add them to the skillet with the mushrooms and stir to combine. Add plenty of salt and pepper to the mushrooms and green beans in the skillet.
- Serve the hot pork chops with the buttery mushrooms and green beans on the side.
- These pork chops do really well on the grill! Just cook them on the grill for 2-2 1/2 minutes per side, until the pork reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer.
- Don’t be stingy with the salt and pepper on your green beans and mushrooms, it really helps to elevate the buttery vegetables without over complicating them.
- This is the BEST way to cook mushrooms. Too often folks add liquid or fat to them too soon and it almost steams them. Let them cook out their own liquid and then add the fat so that they almost fry in the butter. They are SO good.
- You don’t have to add the green beans to the mushrooms but they’re so good coated in the buttery goodness the mushrooms cooked in too.
- Don’t love green beans? You can add ⅔ of a pound of chopped asparagus to the mushroom pan after the butter melts. Just cook until the asparagus is tender crisp.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet pork chops, stove top pork chops, pork chop recipe, skillet pork chop recipe, pork chops and mushrooms, pork chops with green beans