Pizza lovers, brace yourselves, because we're about to dive into a hotly debated topic in the culinary world: pineapple on pizza. Whether you're a staunch supporter or an intrigued skeptic, there's no denying that Pineapple Pizza brings a unique blend of flavors to the table.
Picture this: a soft, pillowy base of pizza dough, lovingly handcrafted or conveniently picked up from your local store. A drizzle of golden olive oil forms the canvas for the masterpiece we're about to create.
People love pineapple pizza for its unique combination of sweet and savory flavors. This pizza is simple to make and really packs a punch.
Making pizza at home can be a truly enjoyable and rewarding experience. The process of crafting your own pizza allows for a sense of creativity and customization. You have the freedom to select your preferred crust thickness, sauce, cheese, and an array of toppings, letting you design a pizza that perfectly matches your taste preferences. This creative aspect adds a layer of excitement to the cooking process.
Homemade pizza also offers a unique level of control over the ingredients used. You can choose high-quality and fresh ingredients, catering to dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- Olive oil
- Pizza sauce or you can use Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pineapple tidbits
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out pizza dough to 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to greased pan.
- Brush dough edge with olive oil.
- Spread sauce over dough.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Top with ham, pineapple, and bacon.
- Sprinkle oregano.
- Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes until golden and cheese melts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, pre-made pizza dough can save time and still yield delicious results.
Both can work, but fresh pineapple adds a vibrant, juicy texture while canned pineapple may have a slightly softer consistency.
Mozzarella is a popular choice due to its mild flavor and excellent melting qualities.
Yes, pre-cooking meats like bacon ensures they are fully cooked and crispy when the pizza is done.
- Artichoke Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Breakfast Pizza
- Homemade Pizza with Chicken and Bacon
- Easy Pizza Twists
If you’ve tried this Pineapple Pizza recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet or pizza pan with oil or cooking spray.
- On a clean surface, roll the pizza dough into a 12-inch disc.
- If the pizza is too sticky, add some cornmeal to help roll it.
- Transfer the dough to a prepared pizza pan.
- Brush olive oil on the edge of the pizza dough.
- Spread the pizza sauce to cover the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on the pizza dough.
- Add the chopped ham, pineapple, and cooked bacon.
- Spread the toppings evenly.
- Add the dry oregano.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Rewarm in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
- If you like your pizza extra crispy in the bottom, I like to cook the pizza on the middle rack for 15 minutes then the remaining 3-5 minutes in the bottom rack.
- All pizza dough will cook differently, adjust the timing accordingly.
- Make it spicy: Add some red pepper flakes
- Stuffed Crust: Roll the pizza 14 inches. Place cheese on the edge, and roll cheese into the crust.
Making homemade pineapple pizza provides a satisfying blend of creativity, customization, and flavor that brings joy to both the cooking process and the enjoyment of a delicious meal. You can say that I am team pineapple on pizza!