This single-serve Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie only take 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to put together. This sweet tart dessert is a win-win!
Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie
Today is the #eatseasonal post for April and I’m so excited to share this Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie with you today. My family doesn’t really like citrus things even though I love them. I’ve been craving a nice tart dessert for weeks and this smoothie was just the treat I needed. Greek yogurt and half an avocado make it smooth and extra creamy, and the juice and zest from two limes give it just the pucker I was looking for.
Limes and avocado are both in season right now too! That means they taste great, they are generally cheaper this time of year, and it’s easier to find high quality ones.
Here’s a fun graphic for this month’s seasonal produce guide. There’s a few things on here that I haven’t ever tried but now I’m on the look out for! Becky from Vintage Mixer, who put this graphic together, also hosts the recipe collection. You can visit her blog for more information on eating seasonally. You can also download this picture from her blog to use as a background on your computer or phone, to help you remember what things to include in your shopping list this month.
How do you get the most juice out of a lime?
Store limes at room temperature. Roll the lime on a hard surface and then cut the lime crosswise. The membrane inside the lime will be harder to break cutting like this but you will get more juice.
What should I do if my smoothie is too thick?
If your smoothie is too thick, simply thin it by adding a bit of any liquid.
Do smoothies need ice?
Smoothies don’t need ice. In fact, ice will dilute the natural fruit flavor. I like to add frozen fruit to my smoothies so you still get that frozen, icy taste without comprising on flavor.
Can you taste avocado in smoothies?
The avocado taste is subtle but it totally makes the smoothie. The texture is so silky and smooth. Plus avocados are a healthy addition to your diet.
This single-serve healthy key lime pie smoothie only take 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to put together. This sweet tart dessert is a win-win!
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest from 2 limes
- 1 banana, peeled sliced and frozen
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy right away. Feel free to adjust the lime juice as needed, 2 is very tangy and I loved it. If you like less pucker, try it with one lime first and add more as desired.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 463
- Sugar: 34.8g
- Sodium: 41.3mg
- Fat: 12.7g
- Carbohydrates: 98.6g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Cholesterol: 2.3mg
Keywords: Key lime, Dessert, Smoothie, Breakfast
If you like smoothies, try these too!
- Workout Recovery Smoothie
- 8 Simple Smoothie Recipes to Liven Up Your Day
- Healthy Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (no weird powder needed)
- Good, Better, and Best Smoothies
- Orange Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- Cold Killer Smoothie
- Sour Cherry and Pomegranate Detox Smoothie
- Postpartum Recovery Smoothie
- Healthy Tropical Smoothie
Enjoy this single-serve Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie. It’s sweet, tart and feels like a dessert!