It’s that time again! 12 bloggers, 12 recipes, 12 ingredients or less. This month’s theme is just perfect for spring- fresh and fruity.
I made a healthy tropical smoothie for you all to enjoy today. It’s naturally sweetened, dairy free, and delicious! This is one of my kids’ favorite smoothie combos. Any extras left in the bottom of the blender? Just throw them into popsicle molds and freeze for later.
I call for lots of frozen fruit in the recipe. You don’t have to use it but I strongly recommend it. Getting into the habit of keeping lots of frozen fruit on hand will change your smoothie life. It makes the texture like a Jamba Juice, thick and almost ice cream like! And we all know that is never a bad thing.
Need some more advice on smoothie making? You might like my recent post on Good, Better, and Best Smoothies.
Enjoy, and be sure to check out all of the other recipes for this month.
Clean and Healthy Tropical Smoothie
- Yield: 2 large smoothies or 4 smaller portions
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 whole orange, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
- If your blender is working too hard or not mixing well, add a bit more almond milk and blend again.
- Enjoy right away.
Any leftovers are great frozen into popsicles for later!
And if you want to throw in a cup of frozen blueberries you’ll have a delicious purple smoothie! Less tropical but still super delicious.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mini Jars from Mom Endeavors
- Mixed Berry Panna Cotta from BetsyLife
- Simple Strawberry Tart from The Rebel Chick
- Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie from Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fresh Fruit Tartlets from A Little Clarification
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from A Night Owl Blog
- Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Eat Your Heart Out
- Lemon Sorbet from See Vanessa Craft
- Triple Berry Granitas from Around My Family Table
- Blueberry Slush from Plugged In Family