This Easy Roasted Cauliflower recipe only requires three basic ingredients and makes a crunchy, satisfying side dish. This is a healthy side dish that goes with so many meals!
- 1 medium to large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil, such as olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prep the cauliflower by using a sharp knife to cut the head in half. Remove the bulk of each stem, and then rinse the cauliflower well. Pat dry or allow to dry.
- Use a knife to cut each half into 1.5- to 2-inch wide chunks. Break the chunks into smaller bite sized pieces. Place all of them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower, and toss/stir well to evenly coat the cauliflower with oil.
- Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet WITHOUT any kind of baking mat or parchment paper. Direct contact with the pan is key.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 18 to 24 minutes, until tender and darkened on the side that is touching the pan.
- Remove from the oven and add additional salt to taste. Serve hot.
- You can mix broccoli on this sheet pan if you’d like a little of both. They cook at similar times, and it works well to cook them both.
- If you crowd your pan, your veggies will steam instead of roast. To get that nice golden crisp to them, give them plenty of room on the pan.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower, roasted vegetable, cauliflower recipe, roasted cauliflower, healthy side dish idea, easy side dish recipe