Once in a while I come across a recipe that is simply perfect and I make that recipe over and over again. That is the case with these amazing White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies. They were served at a church function by a lovely woman named Molly years ago. Everyone went nuts over them and so she handed out the recipe like a true friend. That recipe has graced my cookie plates and many holiday parties since.
I’m not crazy over gingerbread but this is just the right mix of sweet, spiced, ginger, and chocolate to make an outstanding treat. Plus you bake them in bar form in a sheet cake pan. I love this! You end up with around four dozen treats that you didn’t have to roll, dip, slice, or frost. So they taste great, make a bunch, and are easy. What’s not to love?!
I’m finishing up the last of my baking right now and plan to start dropping off treat plates tonight. And yes, these are definitely on them!
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (think big chunks here, not dust)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12 x 17 inch, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray and line the bottom with parchment. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, soda salt, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars together until creamy and pale, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, scraping down as needed. Add vanilla and molasses and mix until combined. Add flour mixture on low speed until combined.
- By hand, stir in white chocolate and chopped ginger.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking sheet and bake until golden on edges, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan; cut into squares.
- Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Enjoy, thanks for being here, and don’t forget – enter to win a $500 Visa Gift Card HERE!