Think Greek Quinoa Salad is high in protein and will keep you full for hours. Perfect side salad for any occasion.
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (makes 3 cups cooked)
- 1 baby cucumber or 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 1/2–1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2–3/4c baby tomatoes, halved
- 1/2–3/4c baby spinach, torn or sliced thinly
- 1/2c sliced olives (kalamata or black olives)
- 2–4 Tbsp finely minced red onion
- a few peperoncinis for garnish, sliced if you like
For the dressing:
- 1/4c fresh lemon juice
- 1/4c olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey (more or less, to taste)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4–1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare the quinoa. Rinse quinoa in a strainer, then add to a medium saucepan with 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to boil 5 minutes, then cover the pot, remove from heat, and let steam 15 minutes, or till water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool a bit.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the dressing together. Add lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a liquid measuring cup or small bowl and whisk until well blended. Taste and add additional honey, oregano, salt or pepper to taste.
- When quinoa is slightly cooled, toss it with the vinaigrette, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, spinach, and olives. Add a few peperoncinis for good measure, and refrigerate until the whole mixture is nice and chilled.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 5 as a side
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 59.7mg
- Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0.3mg
Keywords: Quinoa, Healthy, Greek Salad, Side Dish, Vegan, Vegetarian