- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 cups cold 2% or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium to large sauce pan add the brown sugar and corn starch. Whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the cold milk to combine until the mixture is smooth and no lumps are left.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs.
- Place the pan over medium heat and cook until the mixture thickens stirring constantly, let it bubble and cook for 1 minute.
- Scoop up about a half of a cup of the hot liquid and slowly whisk it into your eggs and as soon as you have done that, slowly mix the egg mixture into the hot liquid in the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Place the hot pudding into individual jars (I used 8-ounce wide mouth jars), cover and refrigerate. Eat when the pudding has cooled.
This is really tasty with some real whipped cream on top if you have it!