Homemade pumpkin pie pudding cups combine all your favorite sweet and warm flavors of pumpkin pie with the fun experience of enjoying individual pudding cups!
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold 2% or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium to large sauce pan, add the brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the cold milk to combine, until the mixture is smooth and no lumps are left.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- Place the pan over medium heat, and cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Let it bubble and cook for 1 minute.
- Scoop up about a half of a cup of the hot liquid, and slowly whisk it into your eggs. As soon as you have done that, slowly mix the egg mixture into the hot liquid in the pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Place the hot pudding into individual jars (I used 8-ounce wide mouth jars) OR place in a large serving dish or bowl, cover, and refrigerate. Eat when the pudding has cooled.
- This is really tasty with some real whipped cream on top if you have it!
- It’s also delicious with gingersnaps crumbled on top.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove top, no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pie, pumpkin dessert, pudding, homemade pudding