Cooooookies! These gorgeous (and ridiculously fun) soft pumpkin cookies with sprinkles are just the kind of cookie Fall is begging for.
Have you ever had those cake mix pumpkin cookies where you add a box of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and some chocolate chips? I know you have, and you might even love them. But from a friend to a friend, I'm here to tell you that they aren't that good! I know they are popular and all, but you kind of get what you put into them, in my opinion. Not to mention that 80% of the time they are sorely under baked and goopy. I literally just shivered thinking about them (I have issues with underbaked things). When you are in a pinch, sure, make them, but if you aren't, try this recipe instead.
These soft pumpkin cookies have a more traditional cookie texture, are a gorgeous light orange, and have just the right amount of sweet and spice. We love love loved these cookies, and I know you will too. The best part? The seasonal sprinkles! Sprinkle lover unite!
Use whatever sprinkles, jimmies, or non-pareils you like - the possibilities are endless.
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and stir to combine well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Place your sprinkles in a shallow dish. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop or a melon baller, scoop 1 tablespoon round ball of cookie dough out. Roll it about a bit in the balms of your hands to make it round and then give it a little squish with your palms to make it just a little bit flat. Now when you look at your disk of dough you can see the future edges of your cookie. Hold the dough in the center of the disk and roll the edges around in the sprinkles.
- Set the sprinkle edged cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat and repeat with the rest of the dough and more sprinkles. when you have a full sheet of cookies use the bottom of a glass cup to slightly press your cookies down. This will remove any finger prints you made.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire wrack. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from The Six Sister's Stuff (have you seen their new Christmas cookbook? It's lovely!)
Thanks so much for stopping in. You are the best!
Leave a Reply