Perfect peanut butter chocolate chip cookies loaded with chips that freeze like a dream. Keep these cookies on hand and always have a treat ready!
I have tons of chocolate and peanut butter recipes, and some more cookies with this combination are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars. Who doesn’t love peanuts and chocolate put into a cookie? A match made in dessert heaven.
Perfect Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summer is such a great time of year because there is just so much going on. I love a good party/get-together! I find myself always needing a treat to take places and I like to have something in the freezer in case I’m not in the mood to turn on the oven. To spruce up my traditional chocolate chip recipe I decided to go for a peanut butter chocolate chip and that combo makes for one unforgettable treat. Here’s the great part. These freeze like a dream.
The base of the recipe is America’s Test Kitchen’s chocolate chip cookie recipe from their The America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. And I just did a little switching of chips and adding peanut butter. The recipe is awesome because it’s still their bones, and let’s be honest, they never publish a bad recipe.
Confession: I like to sneak frozen cookies out of the freezer and eat them while they are still hard. Who needs a popsicle when you have frozen cookies!
You’ll love this recipe and you’ll love the convenience of having some stashed in the freezer. Enjoy!
How can I add more peanut butter flavor to the recipe?
If you want more peanut butter flavor try replacing 3 tablespoons of the butter with 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter. It’s really tasty if you are a PB lover!
How do I freeze these cookies?
Once the cookies have cooled, you can freeze them in a well-sealed container. When you want to have them, I just pull out the frozen cookies, stick them on a plate, and they are thawed in about 15 minutes. By the time I get out the door and to where I need to be, they are perfect and taste just like the day I made them.
How do I keep cookies soft?
An airtight container is crucial to keep your cookies soft. If they get left out then they can dry up. Another trick that you can use is to add a slice of bread to your cookie container, and the cookies absorb the moisture from it!Print
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) on medium speed until smooth and the color lightens, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add half the flour, the salt and baking soda, and then the second half of the flour. Mix in the chips until incorporated.
- Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll them into a ball and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the middles are still soft and puffy, around 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter, how to make cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, homemade cookies
Want To Save This Recipe?
More Delicious Peanut Butter Recipes:
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars (no bake)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
- Life-Changing Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- Perfect Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Perfect Peanut Butter Blossoms
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Balls
More Chocolatey Desserts:
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Giant M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Wacky Chocolate Cobbler
- Homemade Chocolate Fondue
- Homemade Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Super Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 6 Cookies!)
This post was originally published in 2014 and has been updated in August 2019.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make and to save for later. A peanut butter chocolate chip combo is always delicious!