Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
on Jul 02, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies take the classic peanut butter and Nutella duo to a new level of deliciousness by adding the delightful crunch of chunky peanut butter. With their rich, sweet, and slightly salty flavors, these cookies are sure to become a favorite treat for anyone with a sweet tooth.
The combination of peanut butter and Nutella is a match made in heaven. The rich and nutty taste of the peanut butter blends harmoniously with the creamy and chocolatey flavor of Nutella. Together, they create a delightful balance of sweet and savory flavors that people find irresistible.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
The addition of chunky peanut butter in these cookies adds a wonderful textural element. The crunchy peanut pieces provide a satisfying contrast to the softness of the cookie dough and the smoothness of the Nutella topping. This combination of textures enhances the overall eating experience and keeps people coming back for more.
Chunky Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are not only perfect for satisfying your own cravings but also for sharing with friends and loved ones. They make fantastic treats for parties, bake sales, or simply as a delicious homemade gift.
- Chunky peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Nutella for topping
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Cream together chunky peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add an egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the peanut butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Shape the chilled dough into balls, place them on a baking sheet, and bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes. Let them cool, then spread Nutella on top of each cookie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute smooth peanut butter for chunky if you prefer a smoother texture in your cookies. The taste will still be delicious!
Once the cookies have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will remain fresh for several days. If you prefer a softer texture, you can place a slice of bread in the container to help retain moisture.
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze until solid, then transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag or airtight container. When ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
While Nutella is the classic choice for these cookies, you can experiment with other chocolate spreads if you prefer. However, keep in mind that the taste and texture may vary slightly depending on the brand and ingredients used.
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Nutella,, for topping
- In a large bowl, cream together the ¾ cup of chunky peanut butter, ½ cup of room temperature butter, and 1 cup of packed brown sugar. Use an electric mixer and beat the mixture until it is well combined and creamy.
- Crack the egg into the mixture, add the 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract, and mix well until these ingredients are fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Stir these together to ensure they are evenly mixed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix as this can make the cookies tough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. This will make it easier to handle and shape into balls.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or your hands to form the dough into balls. Place these onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down on each ball of dough in a crisscross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, spread a dollop of Nutella on top of each one.
- Ensure that your butter is at room temperature for the best results. This makes it easier to cream together with the peanut butter and sugar.
- Chilling the dough not only makes it easier to handle, but it also helps the cookies maintain their shape and texture during baking.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies. They should still be soft when you take them out of the oven, as they will firm up as they cool.
- If you don’t have Nutella, you can also use any chocolate or chocolate-hazelnut spread. You can even try a different spread like jam or a different type of nut butter if you prefer.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are a delightful treat that combines the rich flavors of peanut butter and Nutella in a perfect harmony. Whether you enjoy the chunky texture of peanut butter or prefer the smoothness of Nutella, these cookies offer a satisfying blend of sweetness, nuttiness, and chocolatey goodness.