Hershey Kiss Cookies are a soft, chewy cookie dough, dotted with delightful Hershey's Kisses nestled right in the center. It's like a sweet, chocolatey hug in every bite. So, grab a glass of milk and let's dive into the delectable world of Hershey Kiss Cookies!
Let's talk about the cookie dough. It's like a blank canvas just waiting to be transformed into something extraordinary. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla extract for that heavenly aroma. Combine flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt, and gradually incorporate it into the buttery mixture. At this point, you may be tempted to eat the dough straight from the bowl. We won't judge you. In fact, we encourage it!
Hershey Kiss Cookies
The real magic happens when we shape the dough into perfect little mounds. Roll them between your hands, forming the cutest little dough balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving just enough space for the cookies to spread and expand while baking.
But hold on, here comes the best part: the Hershey's Kisses! Unwrap those chocolate treasures and get ready to unleash their gooey goodness. Push a single Kiss gently into the center of each cookie ball, letting it sink comfortably into its cozy doughy bed. It's like giving each cookie a little kiss goodnight. Aww, sweet dreams, little cookies!
- Creamy peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Hershey Kisses
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Stir in flour and baking soda until just combined.
- Scoop portions of dough and roll into smooth balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the edges but soft in the center.
- Gently press an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss into each warm cookie, being careful not to crack them.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in the recipe. Just make sure it's well mixed, as natural peanut butter tends to separate. The texture and flavor of the cookies may vary slightly compared to using regular peanut butter.
Hershey Kiss Cookies can stay fresh for about 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. After that, they may start to lose their freshness and become stale.
You will need about 24 kisses.
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned but the center is still soft. The cookies will continue to cook slightly on the hot baking sheet even after you remove them from the oven, so it's better to err on the side of underbaking.
- Pinwheel Cookies
- Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- The Original Toll House Cookie Recipe
- Neiman Marcus Cookies
If you’ve tried this Hershey Kiss Cookies recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Hershey Kiss Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 24 Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or a stand mix to cream together the butter and the peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the white granulated sugar and light brown sugar to the peanut butter mixture. Continue mixing until the sugars are thoroughly incorporated and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Crack the egg into the mixture, add the vanilla extract, and mix until the egg is fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out portions of dough. Roll each portion between your hands to form a smooth ball.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned but the center is still soft.
- Gently press an unwrapped Hershey kiss into the center of each warm cookie. Be careful not to push too hard or the cookie may crack. I like to let the cookies cool a few minutes before adding the kisses to they don't melt too much.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using room temperature butter and egg will help your ingredients mix together more uniformly, creating a better texture in your cookies.
- Overbaking can cause your cookies to become hard. The cookies will continue to cook slightly on the hot baking sheet even after you remove them from the oven, so it's better to err on the side of underbaking.
- To store these cookies, keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. They should stay fresh for up to a week.
- If you prefer a different type of Hershey's kiss, feel free to substitute. Just keep in mind that different types may melt at different rates and have different flavors.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are a delightful treat that combines a soft, chewy cookie with a sweet surprise in the form of a Hershey's Kiss. Go ahead, indulge in the magic of Hershey Kiss Cookies and delight your taste buds with every delicious bite. Happy baking!