This Easy Cast Iron Skillet Pizza is crispy, cheesy and oh so delicious! Baked in a cast iron skillet, this pizza recipe has never made homemade pizza so easy to make.
Skillet pizza takes your homemade pizza experience to a whole new level. The crust steals really steals the show here. It turns out crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. I love making pizza at home because it is so yummy, you can add as many toppings as you wish, and you can eat in your pajamas!
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
We love making homemade pizzas at home. The kids go crazy over them and are so much better than any pizza you can buy from a restaurant. Plus, you are creating memories together. Bonus!
To make cast iron skillet pizza you can buy fresh pizza dough from the store or you can whip up your own quickly. I’ve done both depending on time and what I have on hand.
Pizza made in a cast iron skillet gives it a taste similar to using an expensive pizza stone. The crust is not too thin or thick, it’s just right! Once you make pizza like this, you will never turn back!
Do I need to preheat my cast iron skillet when making pizza?
It is essential to preheat your cast iron skillet at a high temperature (around 500 degrees) for 10-15 minutes before putting the pizza dough in. Doing this will help the pizza cook faster and will become crispier.
What should I serve with cast iron skillet pizza?
I love to serve an easy green salad with homemade pizza. Simple, easy, and delicious.
How do you keep your pizza from sticking to the cast iron skillet?
Olive oil is your friend when it comes to pizza. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the cast iron skillet before putting the pizza dough in and there should be no sticking! Olive oil also helps crisp up the crust in the best way.
More pizza recipes:
- Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Homemade Veggie Pizza
- Easy Margherita Pizza Recipe
This Easy Skillet Pizza is crispy, cheesy and oh so delicious! Baked in a cast iron skillet, this pizza recipe has never made homemade pizza so easy to make.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Adjust the rack of your oven to the upper-middle position and preheat it to 500 degrees.
- Grease a 12-inch oven safe skillet (cast iron or stainless steel work well) with 2 tablespoons of oil (I like a little more oil, it makes the crust extra tasty).
- Place half of the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out to an 11-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and use your finger to press it into shape.
- Add the half of the sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella,
- Set the skillet on the burner of your stove over medium-high heat. Cook on the stove until the dough starts to set, the pizza is light and puffy, and the bottom of the crust starts to get spotty brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to bake the pizza until the edges are brown and the cheese melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and slide it out onto a rack. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes then slice and serve. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and let cool slightly, then repeat with the rest of the ingredients to make another pizza.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet pizza, cast iron pizza skillet, pizza recipe, easy pizza, homemade pizza, how to make pizza, lunch idea, dinner recipe, cast iron recipe, cast iron skillet recipes
Want To Save This Recipe?
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza will completely transform your homemade pizza game. This pizza is easy, fun to make, and tastes better than delivery! I can’t wait for you to try it.