Halloween popcorn balls made with marshmallows and Halloween candy are a quick and easy festive treat great for making with your kids!
Halloween Popcorn Balls
Halloween is sure to be different this year, so I am trying to make it extra special. We are enjoying making all of the festive treats. Halloween popcorn balls are a gooey, delicious treat that is super easy and stuffed full of festive candy.
Halloween is such a fun holiday. My kids love the planning and anticipation of their costumes and all of the special treats and activities we do.
This is a treat that the whole family can create together. They are so easy and turn out great every time. I love adding Halloween M&Ms and candy corn to the mixture. These would be great to take to a party or munch on while watching your favorite spooky movie!
Can I freeze popcorn balls?
Popcorn balls store really well. Simply wrap each ball with a plastic wrap and store them in an airtight freezer bag. They will last up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature and then remove the plastic wrap.
How do I keep the mixture from sticking to my hands?
I like to spray my hands with nonstick spray so I don’t turn into a sticky mess while forming the balls.
Can I use microwave popcorn to make popcorn balls?
You can use any popcorn. Use an air popper or microwave a few bags. Be sure to remove all of the kernels!
Other Ingredients in Popcorn Balls:
Halloween popcorn balls are made with a simple marshmallow and butter mixture. Just melt the mixture and pour over the popcorn. They look adorable and would make the perfect delivery for your neighbors doorstep.
More Easy Halloween Recipes:
- Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
- 5 Easy No-Bake Halloween Treats
- Free Halloween Boo Poem (Printable)
- Dark Chocolate Halloween M&M Cookies
Halloween popcorn balls made with marshmallows and Halloween candy are a quick and easy festive treat before for making with your kids!
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Halloween M&M candies
- 1 cup candy corn candies
- Pop the popcorn however you like. You can use an air-popper or pop it on the stove, whichever is easiest for you.
- Place the popped corn in a very large bowl.
- In a large pot add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted add the mini marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows melt and the mixture is a thick consistent texture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn in the prepared bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add the M&M's and candy corn and stir to combine.
- Grease your hands with a bit of butter and use your hands to form the mixture into balls, gently pressing the sticky popcorn mixture into shape.
- Place finished popcorn ball on a piece of parchment or waxed paper.
- Repeat with remaining popcorn until you've used it all and made around 10 popcorn balls.
- Serve right away or store in a single layer in an air-tight container for up to 1 day before serving.
- The add-in's to the popcorn are very flexible, if you'd like to use a different candy feel free to do that.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make popcorn balls, popcorn balls, popcorn ball recipe, popcorn balls with marshmallows, Halloween snack ideas, Halloween food
Making popcorn balls for Halloween is a quick and easy treat that we love to make for movie night or share with neighbors. Enjoy them from my kitchen to yours.