Flourless Peanut Butter cookies are a gluten free dessert that everyone can enjoy. They are soft, chewy, and done in 15 minutes.
Gluten and grain free eating are getting more and more common everyday. Whether you are eating grain or gluten free for medical reason, general health, or you have no idea what I’m talking about, this recipe is for you.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
The great thing about this flourless cookie recipe is that they don’t taste “gluten free”. Sometimes recipes that are gluten free are hard to choke down. Not these! I’ll make a batch and everyone can enjoy them.
These cookies are quick to make and only require one mixing bowl. Simply combine all the ingredients, roll the dough into balls, and pop into the oven. Quick to make and clean up is a cinch too.
If you are a peanut butter lover these are right up your alley. The cookies are soft, tender, and full of peanut butter in each bite. Watch the cookies closely because you don’t want to overtake and end up with hard cookies.
What is the best peanut butter to use when baking cookies?
For optimal results use creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter isn’t the greatness in flourless cookies. The consistency changes too much. Stick with creamy or crunchy.
How long should I bake flourless peanut butter cookies?
I like a soft cookie over a hard, crisp one. Watch carefully until the edges of the cookie are set. If you want a chewier cookie bake for 10 minutes and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing. If you’d like a crunchier cookie bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
What is the best way to freeze baked cookies?
I like to place the cookies on a baking sheet and freeze until solid so they won’t stick to each other in the freezer. Then, place in an airtight container with parchment between each layer. The taste is best if eaten in 3 months in the freezer-but mine usually don’t last that long.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Extra Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
If you’ve tried this simple peanut butter cookie recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creationPrint
Gluten free peanut butter cookies that everyone can enjoy.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coarse sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a medium bowl mix the peanut butter and the sugar together until the mixture is smooth and lightly fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and mix to combine. Add the baking soda, salt, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough in your hand to make a ball and then roll the ball in coarse sugar before placing the ball of dough on a baking sheet.
- If you want a chewier cookie bake for 10 minutes and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing. If you'd like a crunchier cookie bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 10.3mg
Keywords: Gluten Free, Dessert, Peanut Butter, Flourless
You might just switch to this flourless peanut butter cookie recipe full time once you try them. They are naturally gluten free and really yummy. It’s a keeper.