How to make simple but perfectly addicting cinnamon candied almonds on the stove top with only a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 large pinch cloves, optional but delicious
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw or roasted almonds
- In a nonstick skillet or cast iron skillet, add the brown sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves if using, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Add the almonds and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir constantly until the liquid is evaporated. This will take about 8-10 minutes of cooking.
- When the mixture is not longer liquid, it will look like the sugar seized up and got grainy. Remove it from the heat and stir it a few more times.
- Dump the almond onto a piece of waxed paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread them into an even single layer.
- Allow the nuts to cool. Enjoy!
- Store the extra nuts in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Don't cook these at too high of a temperature of the sugar and nuts will burn and be ruined.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: snack
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: candied almonds, how to candy almonds, cinnamon roasted almonds, mall nuts, candied almond recipe, cinnamon almond recipe