Skillet Chicken Parmesan is comfort food at it’s finest and you won’t believe how simple it is to make.
This recipe for classic chicken parmesan is made by breading chicken breast and cooking it in the skillet. Super easy. It is topped with a delicious marinara sauce and covered in creamy mozzarella cheese. What’s not to love about that?!
I love that you can whip up chicken parmesan in one dish! Hello easy clean up! One pot wonders are my love language. Chicken parmesan is an Italian restaurant favorite that you can create right in your own kitchen.
Chicken parmesan is a staple dish to know how to make. It is a great recipe for your kids to learn how to cook so they can add something simple and tasty to their repertoire.
How do I store chicken parmesan?
You can store chicken parmesan in the fridge for 4-5 days. Make sure it is store in an airtight container. When you are ready to reheat, I like to add a little bit of sauce to make the chicken nice and moist. You can reheat in the microwave, oven, or an air fryer.
Should I pound the chicken breast before breading?
I recommend pounding out the chicken breast so it is equal in thickness when cooking. I have found that when you pound the chicken it is more tender too. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag or wrap it in plastic before you begin to pound it out. You can use a meat tenderizer, rolling pin or even a hammer.
What do I serve chicken parmesan with?
You can serve chicken parmesan over any type of pasta, rice or zucchini noodles. Just add a side salad and dinner is served!
This recipe for Chicken Parmesan will get rave reviews. It is crispy, delicious, and easy to make. And let’s not forget about that easy clean up. Sounds like a winner in my book!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti for serving
- For sauce, melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer about 10 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap until about ¼ inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and oregano. In a second bowl, stir together egg and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture; coat evenly with crumb mixture.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella and the remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan. Let stand 2 minutes. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.