Bring the fiesta to your taste buds with this classic rendition of everyone’s favorite Bean Dip. Refried beans, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, black olives, and green onion meld with taco seasoning and salsa for a festive kick that’s sure to impress.
- 30-ounce can refried beans
- Taco seasoning (1 packet or 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar)
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced, green parts only
- Taco sauce or thick salsa
- Tortilla chips for dipping (try these easy homemade baked corn tortilla chips)
- In a small bowl, combine refried beans and taco seasoning. Stir to mix well. Spread bean mixture evenly on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spread sour cream over the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over the sour cream.
- Sprinkle olives, onions, and tomatoes evenly over the cheese.
- Gently sprinkle taco sauce or salsa over the top.
- Serve with chips.
- This recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance and kept covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Sometimes, I can find jalapeno refried beans, and I love using them for a little more flavor and heat.
- Feel free to add chopped pickled jalapeno to the top, or drizzle with additional hot sauce if you’d like.
- If I ever have leftovers, I’ll mix it all together in a bowl and turn it into the filling for burritos another day.
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: bean dip, party food, dip, tacos