Banana Waffles have the dreamiest crunch to softness ratio, and deliver the best flavor of subtle-yet-sweet banana fruitiness in this hearty breakfast dish that the whole family will salivate over and love.
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons light oil, such as canola or vegetable
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the banana and use a fork to mash very well.
- Add the oil and eggs, and beat to combine well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl, and stir until just combined.
- Add the milk and stir until just combined.
- Make the waffles according to the directions that came with your waffle iron.
- When one waffle is done, let it rest on a wire wrack, taking care not to stack the waffles (the steam they produce makes them soggy if you stack them on a plate).
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings such a maple syrup, buttermilk syrup, sliced bananas, pecans, whipped cream, or even chocolate sauce, Nutella, or peanut butter on top.
- You can sub the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour without any issues, just add an extra splash of milk if the mixture is too thick.
- This is an easy recipe to scale up if you are cooking for a crowd.
- You can use an overripe banana if you have one, but any yellow banana will still work great.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana waffles, homemade waffles, how to make banana waffles, breakfast ideas, healthy waffles, waffle ideas, banana waffle recipe, best waffle recipe