Pickle lovers unite! You will fall off your chair when you read this recipe and see just how easy it is to pickle banana peppers at home. No need to can, just pour the brine over the prepared peppers and stick them in the fridge. The best part? They last for months.
I love all things pickles and pickled banana peppers top my list. They are excellent on sandwiches, including hot grilled ham and cheese, perfect for salads, and I’d be a fibbing if I said I didn’t eat them straight out of the jar late at night. They are delicious. These are a bit lighter in color than their store-bought counterpart, but all that means is there’s no preservatives or dyes added. Just plain old all natural peppers in a simple brine.
This easy pickled banana pepper recipe is the best! No need to can, just pour brine over the prepared peppers and stick them in the fridge.
- 2 pounds large banana peppers (16–20 peppers)
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 4 pieces, or more to taste, optional
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- Prepare the peppers by washing them and trimming of the top where the stem is. Slice the peppers in to 1/4 inch rounds. Put the peppers into clean canning jars. Divide the garlic evenly among the jars and just drop it in.
- Bring the water to a boil. Remove it from the heat and add the vinegar and spices (including salt) and stir until the salt dissolves. Pour the hot liquid over the peppers in the jar, covering the peppers. Add a lid to the jar and refrigerate for at least 2 days before eating. These will stay good in the fridge for a few months.
The size of jar doesn’t really matter, just use what you have on hand. These are excellent on salads, sandwiches, or served next to pizza. I just eat them out of the jar when I need a quick snack. Yum!
You can remove the seeds if you like before adding the peppers to the jar.
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop / Fridge
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pickled banana peppers recipe, easy pickled peppers recipe, how to make pickled banana peppers
Here are a few other quick and easy pickling recipes you might like:
Quick Pickled Cucumber (my Hoosier grandma’s recipe)
Quick Refrigerator Dill Pickles from Mountain Mama Cooks
Sriracha Fridge Pickles from Bon Appetit
Refrigerator Pickled Beets from What’s Cooking America
And did you see yesterday’s post? Some exciting personal things were announced! Have a great day.